Below are some of the most commonly asked questions. If you are unable to find the information you're looking for please contact us.
Jump to: EMC FAQ's Radio FAQ's Safety FAQ's VCA FAQ's FCC FAQ's Cable FAQ's
General Frequently Asked Questions
forms the basis of any test reports/certificates that may be issued. Failure to provide a completed questionnaire before test will slow down testing as the information will be obtained before test commence.
EMC Frequently Asked Questions
affixing the CE mark the manufacturer, its authorized representative, or person placing the product on the market or putting it into service asserts that the item meets all the essential requirements of the relevant European Directive(s).
• A reference to the 2004/108/EC EMC directive.
• An identification of the apparatus to which it refers.
• The name and address of the manufacturer and, where applicable, the name and address of their authorised representive. • A dated reference to the specifications under which conformity is declared.
• Date of the declaration.
• Identity and signature of the person empowered to bind the manufacture or there authorised representive.This documentation shall be retained and kept available for up to ten years from the time of last manufacture of the machinery.
• Description of the apparatus, usually accompanied by block diagram
• Wiring and circuit diagrams
• General Arrangement drawing
• List of standards applied
• Records of assessment to standards
• Description of control philosophy/logic
• Datasheets for critical sub-assemblies
• Part list
• Copies of any markings and labels
• Copy of instructions (user, maintenance, installation)
• Test reports
• Quality control & commissioning procedures
• Declaration of Conformity The technical documentation shall be retained and kept available for up to ten years from the time of last manufacture of the
Radio Frequently Asked Questions
Safety Frequently Asked Questions
runs at below 75 V dc but most manufacturers still CE mark them with respect to the Low Voltage Directive. This is because they are supplied with a mains powered battery charger, therefore as a system the unit falls under the limits of the LVD directive.
VCA Frequently Asked Questions
antilock braking, cruise control, audio systems, windows, doors, mirror adjustment, etc. Some of these form independent subsystems, but communications among others are essential. The CAN bus may be used in vehicles to connect engine control unit and transmission, or (on a different bus) to connect the door locks, climate control, seat control, etc.
FCC Frequently Asked Questions
function. An Unintentional Radiator is an electronic device that produces radio signals that are broadcast through space, or conducted along power/signal lines.
goods), or devices used exclusively in appliances. Non-digital simple passive devices.
Cable Frequently Asked Questions