RN Electronics EMC Testing Services offer you a fast and efficient way to CE mark with confidence, and we are committed to providing exceptional testing and EMC advice.
EMC, or Electromagnetic Compatibility testing ensures that electrical and electronic products do not adversely affect, or be affected by other products in the same environment.
RN Electronics offers a complete range of EMC testing services enabling you to demonstrate compliance to the latest International and European standards for CE Marking as well as other global certifications.
We can cater for the needs of market sectors including; Multimedia, Audio/Visual, Medical, Aerospace, Defence, Railway and Automotive.
Our EMC Services Include
• Initial Assessment (Pre-compliance), development, compliance and fully accredited Electromagnetic
Compatibility (EMC) testing
• Experienced engineers provide you with on the spot advice and solutions to achieve and maintain
• Multiple test chambers enabling short lead times and/or parallel EMC, Radio and Safety test
• Gap Analysis
RN Electronics laboratory is
• Accredited by UKAS to ISO 17025 laboratory No. 2360
• Accredited by the FCC for the US market (Registration No.293246)
• Listed facility for the Canadian market (5612A-1, 5612A-2, 5612A-3, 5612A-4)
• Accredited for testing of products for Australia & New Zealand where the RCM mark can be applied
Where equipment is fixed, physically large or your site needs assessment, on-site testing can be performed at your premises by our engineers to the same high standard.
Most Common EMC Tests
Radiated emissions Radiated immunity
Conducted emissions Conducted Radio Frequency immunity
Harmonic emissions Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
Flicker Electrical Fast Transient/Burst (EFT/B)
Voltage Dips and Interruptions (VDI)
We test to a wide range of International and European Standards including the Generic and Product Specific Standards. Most common European classifications can be viewed here.
EMC Directive 2014/30/EU
RN Electronics can test your products to ensure compliance with the new Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (2014/30/EU), which came into force on the 20th April 2016.
Please refer to our UKAS schedule for details of specific standards for which we hold accreditation. In agreement with UKAS we operate a Flexible Schedule of Accreditation which now makes it possible for us to add some standards directly to our UKAS schedule.
If the standard you require testing to is not currently on our UKAS schedule, please contact us so that we can assess your test requirements.