RN Electronics the route to compliance for your radio products.
With the ever increasing array of electronic products containing radio devices such as Wi-Fi, they must legally comply with their local wireless regulations before being placed into the various key markets; these requirements can be complex and vary from region to region.
RN Electronics can help you meet these requirements, provide testing of products containing radio devices, to support CE marking in Europe under the Radio Equipment Directive (RED), FCC (USA) and ISED (Canada). Many other countries can be covered with the same standards.
Our Company expertise and knowledgeable engineers have many years' experience in radio/wireless product testing, Including RF design troubleshooting, Certifications/Approvals and Antenna testing.
We have built upon this expertise to offer radio testing, EMC testing and Safety testing together with associated certification services, to meet the Radio Equipment Directive for CE marking, and similar legislation from North America Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED). RN Electronics can also help in certification for most other countries.
Radio Equipment Directive (RED) 2014/53/EU
The Radio Equipment Directive (2014/53/EU) has been in force since June 2016. From June 2017 onwards Radio Equipment placed on the European Market must comply with the Radio Equipment Directive (RED).
If you are a Radio Equipment manufacturer, importer or distributor then the Radio Equipment Directive is the only route for radio devices to be placed onto the European Market fully replacing the R&TTE Directive from 13 June 2017.
Certification with the FCC / ISED
Electrical equipment marketed in the USA and Canada requires authorisation. There are two authorisation routes, SDoC and Certification. We can support these routes to compliance, including certification with the FCC and / or ISED.
Our Radio Services Include
• UKAS accredited radiated and conducted emissions testing up to 231 GHz
• Initial Assessment (Pre-compliance), development, compliance and fully accredited Radio testing
• Experienced engineers provide you with on the spot advice and solutions to achieve and maintain
• Design stage solutions
• Radio Performance Evaluation
• Antenna Testing
• Gap Analysis
• Testing and certification of Digital TV and Radio Products through one service
RN Electronics laboratory is
• A UKAS accredited testing laboratory No. 2360 to ISO 17025:2017
• Accredited by the FCC for the US market (Registration No.293246) and ISED (formerly Industry
Canada) in Canada (registered under site Nos. 5612A-1 & 5612A-2)
• Recognised as a Conformity Assessment Body (CAB) by the FCC (USA)
• Designated to perform compliance testing on equipment subject to SDoC under Parts 15B and 18 of
the FCC’s Rules
Most Common Radio Tests
Transmitter tests Receiver tests
RF Output Power Sensitivity
Power Spectral Density Adjacent Channel / Frequency Band Selectivity
Spectrum Emission Mask Receiver Spurious Emissions
Occupied Channel Bandwidth Receiver Intermodulation
Frequency Stability / Error Blocking
Radiated Band Edge
Transmitter unwanted emissions
in the out-of-band or spurious Domain
The Radio and EMC standards we test to can be viewed here.
To learn more about radio testing and certifications and see how RN Electronics can help you, please complete our online quotation form or call us on the number given at the top of this page.